Basil Mint Lemonade
1 ¾ – 2 cups of lemon juice (about 10 to 12 lemons)
8 cups of water
Basil-mint simple syrup
1. Squeeze lemons to get 1 ¾ to 2 cups of lemon juice (remove all seeds).
2. In a large pitcher, mix cooled basil-mint simple syrup, lemon juice, and 8 cups of water.
3. Add more sugar if you prefer.
4. Serve with ice (preferably chilled overnight)
Basil-Mint Simple Syrup Ingredients
1 bunch of basil
1 bunch of mint – leave a few for garnishing
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
1. On medium heat, mix water and sugar in medium saucepan. Heat until sugar and water are dissolved.
2. Wash basil and mint and remove stems.
3. Add the basil and mint leaves to the saucepan, stir, and simmer for about 7 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and cool syrup to room temperature.
5. When cooled, transfer mixture to the lemonade by using a strainer.
6. Discard the leaves.
7. Garnish with the leftover mint leaves.